- Stop shopping and start starhopping with this incredibly easy-to-use StarBlast EQ
- Wide-field optics and a small price tag make this the telescope to buy
- The easier it is to use, the more it will get used - and the StarBlast EQ sets the standard
- Take this telescope on a starlit stroll and see the stars, the Moon and more
- One-year limited warranty
Considering how many adults have told us they love our Orion StarBlast "mini" Dobsonian telescope we weren't surprised that some of them suggested we offer the StarBlast optical tube on a full-size telescope mount. Sounded like a good idea to us. So here it is, the Orion StarBlast 4.5 EQ.
It's bound to become a favorite of both beginners and experts alike. It combines the much-heralded StarBlast wide-field (f/4.0) parabolic optics with a sturdy, adjustable-height EQ-1 equatorial tracking mount.
The telescope's short focal length serves up a generous chunk of sky in the eyepiece, making it easy for beginners to find objects. This version of the StarBlast offers an even more pronounced wide-field viewing experience, as we've upgraded the telescope eyepieces to include two from the Expanse series — 15mm (30x) and 6mm (75x) — which have a 66° apparent field of view. Images of everything from the Moon to the Messier objects appear exceptionally sharp and contrasty. And the EZ Finder red-dot aiming finder scope makes starhopping around the sky a breeze.
With the equatorial telescope mount, you will be able to keep your target object centered in the eyepiece with only an occasional tweak of one slow-motion cable. Or, add an optional electronic drive and let it do the tracking automatically.
- Aperture: 114 mm (4.5inch)
- Focal ratio: f/4.0
- Focal length: 450mm
- Mirror class: Parabolic
- Mount: Equatorial
- Tripod: Aluminium adjustable
- Finder: EZ Reflex Sight with base
- Eyepieces: 15mm (30x) & 6mm (75x) 1.25-inch
- Focuser: 1.25-inch Rack-and-pinion
- Other accessories: Collimation cap, Special Edition StarryNight software, instruction manual, dust cap